Hey guys! So 2018 is already underway and even though I have posted a wrap-up of last year which included any (reading) challenges I was planning on participating in, I only just saw this one and it is a must do.
Unlike the Popsugar and Book Riot challenges where you fill in prompts throughout the year with books you have read/are reading, Beat the Backlsit allows you to create your own TBR from already existing books on your list! There is no struggling to find the perfect book to fill a specific prompt. This is completely unique to you and your reading preferences, allowing you to slay those books you really (actually) want to get to.
You can find out more, or join the challenge here on their website! They also recommend you updating on social media platforms so that others can follow your progress (and that your progress gets your team credit throughout the year. I will be updating my progress (sporadically) on WordPress, but mostly through my personal twitter account. You can request to follow me/view my page here. **Just as a side note- my Twitter is personal, so I do not exclusively post about books/bookish things**
Update: I am on Team Story Sorcerers (how appropriate)! Can’t wait to get started!
So, to start off 2018, here is my personal “Back List” that I will be desperately trying to dominate this year. These are all books that I physically own, and have not read (whether in ebook or physical form).
- Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks
- The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
- Camino Island by John Grisham
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen*
- Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu*
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowan
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman
- The Girls by Emma Cline
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- Watching Glass Shatter by James J Cudney
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- Everyone’s and Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn too by Jonny Sun
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Little Fires Everywhere bu Celeste Ng
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Red Clocks by Leni Zumas*
- A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
- The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero and Tom Bissell
*Though these titles technically have 2018 publication dates (and those are not allowed for this challenge) they are on my list because I acquired ARCs of them in 2017 and have not started them yet.
This looks like a pretty solid starting point for me. I am sure I will add more books to this list as I acquire them throughout the year. Again though- these are meant to be books you physically own, that are *not* new releases in 2018. Keep track of my progress and let me know how you are doing throughout the year!