This is a feature I have wanted to start for a while now. I don’t know how often I will do it, or how many individual posts I will feature in each, but I think it has the potential to become one of my favorite things I do on here. I follow over 100 blogs at the moment- the majority of which are book-related. One of my favorite things about book blogging has honestly been reading everyone else’s content! I have even started a folder of posts I liked so much I printed out and want to have for a long time. I was thinking the other day, as I added another blogger’s content to my folder, that I wanted to share these particular posts with all my friends as well! Why keep them to myself? And so Favorite Things was born. Enjoy!
Book Princess Reviews: What Would Hercules Read?
- Book recommendations based on fictional characters
- I LOVED this idea so much. So unique, and thoughtful
- She has a whole series of posts similar to this one, which you can find:
Birdie Bookworm: Parenting a Reader
- Monitoring/censoring (teenage) children’s books vs. their media intake
- Such an interesting read, and really hit home
MN Bernard Books: Discussion: Blogging Stats
- Do blogging stats really matter?
- This changed how I looked at my blog going into the new year
Arthifis’ Place: 100 followers 100 Push-ups
- Appreciation video of content creator doing 100 push-ups to thank his 100 followers
- How cool is this? Raistlin0903 reblogged this, which is how I saw it. I ended up following Arthifis because of it!
My Shelf and Myself: My Favorite Kinds of Blog Posts
- Similar to this post, Bex highlights what she likes to see on other blogs
- Totally worth the read, especially for all her links in the Discussion section
Damn Girl Get Your Shit Together: Damn Girl, Get Over It
- Things you don’t need to sweat anymore now that you are adult AF
- All her posts are quick, witty and totally real. Easily one of my absolute favorite blogs out there. A must read.
Books & Munches: Discussion: Follow Back or Not
- Is it alright not to follow a blog back?
- This is something I have struggled with my first few months of blogging. It is an important discussion to have about why it is ultimately OK to be selective about who you follow and why.