Mystery Blogger Award
What is the “Mystery Blogger Award” ?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
I was tagged (a while back) for the Mystery Blogger Award by the sweet Vikki @ The Mundane Teenage Life. Thanks so much for the nomination! If you have the time, and haven’t already, you should check out her unique perspectives on books and other bookish things :]
(also- I really really liked Vikki’s layout for this award, so I am using that as well)
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well i.e. Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself and answer the questions given by the person who tagged you
Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
Share a link to your best post(s)
3 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I love watching sports, especially live- specifically Football, Baseball and Hockey. Being that I am a book nerd and librarian, for some reason it always surprises people that I enjoy sports so much. For those who were wondering, my professional teams are NY Giants (football), NY Mets (baseball) and NJ Devils (hockey) and any college sports that I happen to watch/root for are usually Wisconsin (Badgers) or Penn State (Nittany Lions). I have been known to root for Green Bay Packers (football) and Pittsburgh Pirates, Chicago Cubs (baseball) from time to time.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday for unknown reasons. I love everything about the fall, so that could definitely help, but I have always really loved Halloween. I actually hope that once I have my own house, that I can throw an annual Halloween party that everyone looks forward to. I like dressing up, I liked haunted houses, and pumpkin picking (though I don’t usually liked pumpkin flavored things), and I honestly cannot wait to have the space to facilitate a large Halloween decorations collection.
- Speaking of collection, I am (and have always been) a collector. I like saving things for one, but usually if I like something, I tend to become obsessed to the point where I start collecting anything and everything that has to do with that thing- case in point, Harry Potter. I have two complete sets of the series (hardcover and paperback) as well as a small collection of companion books (often sold at Barnes and Noble, etc), trinkets, magazines featuring the books or movies, and other odds and ends. When I put together my own personal library (again, when I have a house) I am going to have a custom display case built that will feature everything in my Harry Potter collection.
Are there any books that you had no intention of reading, but ended up reading anyways? How did it turn out?
This is actually a great question. Give me a second while I consult my reading history.
I read We Were Never Here by Jennifer Gilmore on a whim. I happened to just pick it randomly off a shelf at my library. I ended up really not enjoying the book at all to be honest. But I feel like that was just a fluke.
Which was one of the scariest moments of your life?
Hmmm. I am not actually sure. I have been lucky enough to not have to experience anything truly terrible or scary. One year in college (while I was an RA) my area was under a Tornado Warning. There was hail the size of golf balls, and the power actually went out. Being an RA I was in charge of my floor’s residents, and keeping them safe. It turned out that a very weak tornado touched down a couple miles from the school, but luckily we only got the hail and lost power.
Who or what is the greatest sources of happiness in your life.
This is another super loaded question. I find that the majority of my happiness stems from a lot of different things at different times. My friends and family are definitely at the top, alongside my dog Oliver. But I also find happiness in my job, and in my books too. And this blog!
Which was your favorite book/series growing up?
I mean…c’mon. Do you even know me? Is it even possible for me to get through a tag/award without mentioning Harry Potter?
The answer is no.
And for my slightly weird question – if you had to befriend any one character from Children’s fiction books or shows (e.g. Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Sponge-bob Square-pants etc) who would you befriend and why?
Well, let’s just skip over the obvious answer and attempt to give a different response…
Maybe Eeyore? I identified with him a lot as a kid, so I think I would want to know he had at least one person thinking about him.
Absolutely do not feel obligated to fill this out if you do not want to, or have been tagged already before. This is just for fun :]
- What is one goal you have for the future?
- What motivates you (and your blog)?
- When making a new friend/acquaintance, what qualities do you look for?
- What are some guilty pleasures?
- For the weird question- what is one of the backgrounds you have set (purposely) currently? Either on your phone, tablet, computer, etc. and it has to have been set for a reason (no default screens please) :]
I haven’t been as actively doing book tags/awards recently, so it was nice to finally complete this one today. I am going to have to work harder on some tags in the future. For those tagged, please tag me back if you do choose to do this, so that I can see the answers to my questions :] If you want to answer the questions, and have not been tagged, please feel free to do so in the comments below! I would LOVE to hear from you guys :]