I want to say a huge thank you to Kathy @ Books & Munches for hosting this reading challenge. Typically, I tend to stay away from reading challenges because they feel too claustrophobic for me to enjoy them, but this one really resonated with me. As some of you may have noticed, I have had a really hard time controlling my impulse book buying. I am slowing trying to get it under control, but the result of that is obviously a humongous physical TBR. For those who don’t know, OWNtober is all about reading that which you already own. No prompts to fill, no set number of books to complete, just a commitment to books you already have on your physical shelf.
So let’s see how I did! The books listed below were the ones I originally listed as my OWNtober TBR.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper series by Kerri Maniscalco
- Stalking Jack the Ripper
- Hunting Prince Dracula
- Escaping From Houdini
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
3. Toil & Trouble: 15 Tales of Women and Witchcraft edited by Jessica Spotswood & Tess Sharpe 4. Hocus Pocus & the All New Sequel by A.W. Jantha
5. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
6. Wildcard by Marie Lu
7. Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas
8. Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough
9. Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
10. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
I technically finished Wildcard at the end of September, but I am still counting it because it was on the original list for Owntober. Nerve was also selected as my “Must Read” by my fiance for the month of October.
The books listed below are books that I completed during the month of October (OWNtober)
Four is not all that many but I have to say, I am seriously proud of myself for sticking to OWNtober for the entire month. It was MUCH needed and I will certainly look forward to more OWN reading challenges in the future!