Thank you soooo much to Lori from The Inky Saga for nominating me for this award :] This is my second time being nominated for this award, and let me tell you, I am so so thrilled. I noticed recently that I have been neglecting my tags and awards so this was a really great excuse to get one out there. Also- sheesh there are a lot of rules to this one! Let’s see how many I can follow.
What Is the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog*
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I am getting married this October! Things have been a little chaotic trying to plan the wedding while also working two part time jobs, all while my fiance is half way across the country most weeks… BUT I am excited and I cannot wait.
- I hate driving. Actually, if I am being honest, I think that I have a fear of driving buried down there. I can travel pretty fine to places that I am super familiar with (i.e. Work and my parents house, maybe the mall) but have a hard time getting myself in the car for much else. I don’t know why this is, it just IS.
- My fiance is looking at a HUGE move by the end of the year. It could be a really big deal for him career wise but it’s going to be a big move. We have been doing this back a forth, “we’re moving, we aren’t moving” thing for the better part of the last two years so we are not strangers to the idea of moving, but I have had some polarizing feelings towards it. On one hand I am super excited for the potential of more living space (and maybe a backyard for Oliver), that I can decorate and be proud of. I am excited for the potential to finally get into a full time position and feel like I have some stability in my life. And I am excited to start this new chapter in our lives, but I am nervous about leaving my job(s) and family. It’s almost like a catch-22 because I worked so hard here in NY and I’m afraid that I won’t do as well elsewhere (career wise). That, and I hate the idea of not being near my family. I see them every week now, and it really upsets me to think that I will maybe see them once a year after this. Idk- I just have a lot of thoughts about this right now and apparently felt the need to share it.
changing gears here….
1. Do you share your blog with people you know in your real life?
I have before yes! I mean my close friends know about it. Some of my coworkers know about it. And my family knows about it, but I don’t think a whole lot of them read it (with the exception of a few coworkers who I know subscribed). It’s weird sharing this part of my life with the people in “real life.” It shouldn’t be, because I am not much different than in person, but for some reason it is. Sometimes it is just nice to have something all your own. Also- I just don’t think the people I surround myself with in real life care as much about books as I apparently do.
2. What are your ultimate blog goals?
I don’t really have an specific blog goals to be honest! I started this blog as a means to write down and keep track of books that I was reading. I never intended or entertained the idea of other people reading what I wrote. I am honestly humbled by the fact that so many people think my content is worth reading that it really makes me want to do more. However, I have no set goals for the future. I just want to keep doing this until it isn’t fun for me anymore.
3. Do you see yourself blogging when you’re 50?
I’m not sure! I mean that is a bit away, and I hope to have a family in full swing at that point but who knows! I know a lot of close friends on here that have families and full time jobs and still do this on the side and I think that is so beautiful. I really do hope to be continuing this in one form or another by the time I am 50.
4.Who is your role model, fictional or otherwise?
This is tough because I have a bunch of different role models to be honest. In my career? I definitely look up to my Director and Supervisor. I am just always so impressed and in awe of the work that they do, and in the manner in which they do it, and it truly inspires the best in me. As far as otherwise? I’d probably say Hermione Granger. She makes smart look badass, how can you not want to be like her?
5.What are some books do you think are underrated?
Oooh! Let’s see…
The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw – hear me out. I know some of this is problematic, BUT the atmosphere in this book is enough to make me want to try out her other stuff. Her writing can only get better, right?
Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough – with the upswing of thriller/suspense novels in the last few years, I am still shocked this one hasn’t gotten more buzz. It was so unique and interesting and what honestly got me into that genre. I think it deserves more than it has gotten.
Bonus: You find out the world ends tomorrow; what do you do?
Yikes! Panic. I don’t know, probably find and/or contact all the people that are important to me and let them know one last time that I love them. Then probably just hold my dog and my brothers/parents/fiance and wait? So morbid.
- Do you share your blog with people in “real life”?(I liked this one so I thought I would recycle it)
- Where do you draw inspiration from?
- What are some life changing books – or books that changed the way you think about something or many things?
- What are your future plans for your blog?
- What is the most beautiful book cover you have ever seen? Can’t pick just one? Share a bunch! We all love us some pretty covers :]
- Bonus: If you could own/run a library, what would it be like? What would it look like? Would it have specific rooms dedicated to special authors or collections?
Now for the fun part, NOMINATIONS! These blogs are the coolest of the cool. The places I go for entertainment AND inspiration. They are doing some amazing things with their content and I am a supporter through and through (also- their link takes you to one of my favorite posts by them).
** I liked this version of the badge best, but you can always search them online and pick the one you like :] I also created my own banner for the purpose of this award. You can use it if you’d like, or you can likewise find one online or on other blogs featuring this post.
I guess according to the rules, I am also supposed to link some of my own favorite blog posts. I don’t see why that is necessary since you are already on my page, but for the sake of “following the rules” here are a few I am pretty proud of.