I want to send out a huge appreciative thank you to Whit Reads Lit for nominating me for this award! It was extremely sweet, and made my day. If you haven’t already, you simply MUST check out Whitney’s page! It is full of wonderful things that I am sure you will enjoy :]
Awesome Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers and let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
Behind the Awesome Blogger Award
The award was created by Maggie at Dreaming of Guatemala who stated – “This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
1: If you could only choose one genre to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh man, I guess I would say contemporary. I really enjoy those stories the most I think, that or Historical fiction, so that I get a bit of both worlds (fiction and non fiction).
2: What is the longest series you have ever read?
Geez. I want to say Harry Potter, but now that I am thinking about it, I did read quite a bit of the Gossip Girl series (which is at least a dozen books) as well as the entirety of the Mary-Kate and Ashley Adventures series and their Two of a Kind series, and those were both forever long as well.
I don’t know if you could tell that I don’t read a whole lot of series books, but I don’t, so this is always a hard one for me.
3: Have you ever met any authors in person? If so, who?
I have! I went to Book Expo last year for my library and I met quite a few authors, some of which I cannot remember off the top of my head, but I can remember Mo Willems, Nathan Hale, and Alice Hoffman (whom I met at my library at a separate event).
I have tickets to meet both Marie Lu and Tomi Adeyemi at Book Con this year (June 2) and I am sure I will get a few signatures/attend some meet and greets at Book Expo this year as well (June 1).
4: What color dominates your bookshelves?
Good question! I feel like I have a really nice smattering of different colors at the moment. I guess more warm-ish colors? What do you think?
5: Do you have any genre that you do not like/would never read?
Never say never. Though, I am not huge on Science Fiction or Fantasy, I won’t refuse to pick any of those up. I do prefer historical fiction and contemporary (and lately thriller/suspense) typically though.
Check out these Awesome Bloggers that I happen to adore:
Joe @ Storeys of Stories
Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books
Nina @ the Cozy Pages
Katie @ Never Not Reading
Obviously, if you have already been tagged in this, you do not have to do it again. I just wanted my friends know that I think they are awesome :]
ahhhh I guess I have to come up with my own questions as well, huh?
- If you could choose any job to have in the world (fictional or real) what would it be and why?
- Who is your favorite booktuber/blogger?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- We all have literary passports, where is yours stamped the most?
- I saw this on another person’s post and obviously had to include it in mine: What’s your Harry Potter name? Use this generator to find out! (FYI- mine is Susan Dippet)
- What are some of your guilty pleasures? Whether they are book related or not.
- What is something that you love about your blog?
- What is something you admire about another blog, or want to try with yours?
- What is your favorite post that I (Modern Witch’s Bookshelf) have made?
- What is your favorite post that you have personally done?