I want to say a HUGE thank you to Whitney @ Whit Reads Lit for nominating me for this award! The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers who inspire and spread positivity and joy. For me it means my hard work has been noticed and that is such an honor.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to them
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Notify the nominees by commenting or pinging back to one of their blog posts
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
1: What is your go-to book genre and why?
This is a tough one because I am such a mood reader! But when all else fails, a contemporary usually does the trick.
2: Do you buy/collect bookish merch?
Yes! I am a Harry Potter collector, which means that I try to pick up anything with Harry Potter on or in it. Aside from that I just collect books in general, but that isn’t nearly as interesting :]
3: Do you enjoy e-mail or snail mail more?
I mean I personally enjoy a good letter/card via snail mail :]
4: What is the most exciting place you have ever visited?
I think one of the first times I visited Chicago was extremely exciting for me. And now it is such a huge part of my life (and my potential future home!)
5: Would you ever go on a bookish pilgrimage? If so, where and what author?
I am not sure I know what a ‘pilgrimage’ would entail so I don’t know how to answer this question!
6: What author have you read the most books by?
Yeesh. I mean obviously I have read 7 books by JK Rowling…I just can’t think of any other authors I may have read more from.
7: What is your favorite season?
8: How often do you post to your blog per week/month?
I try to post at least once a week (though sometimes it does get away from me). Which I guess in turn would mean that I post at least 3-4 times a month.
9: Where is your favorite place to read?
I like to read on the couch in my living room, or my front porch. Somewhere I won’t be distracted by people or screens.
10: What is your favorite thing to do, besides reading?
I like to watch movies or play board games with my family/friends.
11: How do you choose what to read next?
Since I am such a mood reader, I tend to just look at my bookshelf until something really jumps out at me. Most of the time I will see a spine of a book and know that I am in the mood for that kind of story.
- Who has inspired you in your blogging style?
- What are some of your must read bloggers?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Who do you call when you need a ‘pick me up’?
- What is a go-to happy story you like revisit?
- Are you more of a morning person, or evening person?
- (In no particular order) Name some of your favorite things
- Can you think of a place or object that you associate with a happy memory? What is it?
- What are some of your all-time favorite books?
- What are some of your favorite blogging moments?
- What makes a book an instant buy for you? Appealing cover, specific author, specific topic, etc?
There are a number of people/blogs I could nominate for this award! Luckily, I have surrounded myself with some pretty positive people :] The following blogs/bloggers have either recently inspired me, or are a constant joy to read.
and of course, my good friend, Storeys of Stories
Obviously, you do not need to feel any pressure to complete these questions. Just know that I admire each and every one of you, and that you inspire me with your positive content :]
For those who wish to add the badge to their pages: